Friday, April 7, was a big day for the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI) community. NARI announced the 2017 Achievement during the National Presidents' Council Lunch. The event was held in Scottsdale, AZ.
All award winners demonstrate Remodeling Done Right, Omaha NARI was presented with the 2017 Community Service Award.
Each year, the Greater Omaha NARI chapter dedicated its time and resources to the Omaha community to give back to the Omaha Metro community. Members gathered at South Omaha Victory Youth Boxing Club on Friday, October 21st and donated back with a much-needed remodeling cause. All labor and costs were provided by Omaha NARI members.
The project was led by the NARI Community Service Committee, Chris Kudlucz, Contractors Siding, Window & Roofing Supply, Dan Reuting of Echo Systems and Mike Quinn of Quinn Insurance, Inc.
Project materials and manpower were donated by:
· Bratetic Construction Inc.
· Contractors Window, Siding & Roofing Supplies
· Echo Systems
· Greater Omaha NARI
· Jenkins Remodeling
· OHARCO, Inc.
· The Home Depot
· Universal Electric
· Replacing 2 large broken windows
· Installing multiple LED lights to cover the sides and rear of the outsides of the building, to increase security with automated lighting throughout the exterior of the building
· Replacing the two side door lights with new LEDs
· Installation of bathroom partitions in the girls’ locker room
· New toilet in the restroom facilities.
About Victory Boxing Club
The Victory boxing club is located at 3009 R St in the heart of South Omaha. Victory Boxing Club & Community Center is a non-profit organization, committed to providing a safe refuge and a supportive community for the youth of South Omaha. For over ten years, Victory Boxing has worked with community youth to pursue principles of faith, excellence, and discipline inside the ring and in everyday life. They are committed to teach Christian values and life skills that help our boxers stay off the streets and in school. Competitive boxing teaches skills of discipline, patience, humility, and self-control, which also help our members succeed outside the ring. ###