NARI members are invited to attend and bring your family from 5:30 - 7:30 and learn more about TRUTH ABOUT TREES at the Omaha Children's Museum.
Juice and snack will be provided.
Why should children in Nebraska & Iowa
learn about forest products?
· Lumber is a good gateway topic for peaking interest in the skilled trades. 77% of firms surveyed in Nebraska give poor-to-fair rating for the adequacy of the local pipeline for supplying craft personnel .
· Thousands of products we use and depend on come from trees. Click for a list.
· Many children today believe it is always bad to cut down trees. They know very little about why it's important to take care of forests properly.
· FOREVER FOREST HAS DRAWN OVER 30,000 SINCE OPENING DAY ON OCTOBER 13TH.
BUT WE NEED STILL NEED YOUR SUPPORT
· 100+ TEACHERS HAVE REQUESTED THE TAKE HOME CURRICULUM CALLED "TRUTH ABOUT TREES"
· DONATIONS ARE NEEDED TO COVER THE COST - PLEASE CONSIDER SPONSORING A CLASSROOM FOR $200, OR 5 CLASSROOMS FOR $1000.
· ALL DONATIONS ARE TAX-DEDUCTIBLE
Provide science based programs, including Truth About Trees,
to educate every elementary child in North America about sustainable forestry.
© Greater Omaha Remodelers Association NARI11204 Davenport St., Suite 201 • Omaha, NE 68154Phone: (402) 331-1718E-mail: info@OmahaNARI.org